The Bestselling Reference, Updated with the Latest Tools, Data, and Techniques
Now in its third edition, the revised and updated Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Health: A Practical Approach offers a comprehensive resource for evaluating the interventions and programs that are designed to improve health. Step by step, the authors reveal how to conduct practical cost-effectiveness analyses that has worldwide applications. Without relying on abstract theory or complicated models, Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Health shows how to work with the fundamentals. The authors offer the information needed to develop a research question, find and evaluate data, build a decision model, stress-test the model, interpret the results, and summarize the findings in a report using the most up-to-date techniques and software.
The text's illustrative exercises provide a guide through the process of obtaining electronic data, analyzing the medical literature, building a decision analysis tree, and conducting a sensitivity analysis.
Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Health includes:
- The principles of cost-effectiveness analysis
- The eight steps to a perfect research project
- Tools for evaluating the interventions and programs meant to improve health
- A review of probabilities and decision analysis models
- A basic introduction to biostatistics and epidemiology
- Information for preparing your study for publication
The revised edition of Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Health gives students a basic understanding of and the tools needed to conduct cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass; 3 edition (February 29, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119011264
- ISBN-13: 978-1119011262
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds